Monday, August 23, 2010

TMNT: the sketchbook

So with the decision to not attend Wizard World as an artist, I really got a chance to get my art geek on. I've posted pictures in the past of people who have asked me to do a sketch in their very own artist sketchbook. It's really a genius idea and makes for a great souvenir and or present.

Basically the idea (for anyone who hasn't a clue what the F I'm talking aboot) is that you buy a blank sketchbook and bring it with you to the cons and have various artist do sketches in it. It can be a completely random sketchbook or you can have one dedicated to your favorite comic character. Then as you fill it up you get all these wonderful renditions of one character in a nice completed art book and its great to flip through and look at all the interesting interpretations and styles. I think I did an Aqua-Man book and a Yoda book for some people last year.

So now that that's out of the way, I decided that I would start one but I didn't want to do something completely "generic" like a Superman (even though I'm going to get one of those started too) or a Batman...so I decided to go with a property that I loved since childhood, The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Oh yeah...that's right.

So here are the first few sketches in my TMNT book that I will probably be carrying with me to every convention from now on until it's filled up with amazing artwork.

1. Art Baltazar




2. Mike Roll


3. Wil Brendel



4. Mike Boldt



I was so shellshocked by this TMNT art explosion I did some quick sharpie and pen warm-ups. Enjoy!!!




No comments: