Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Super me!






Hello! I hope everyone had a good new year, I know I did. Good family, good friends, good food, and good times! Anyway new year; I figure it's time for a new blog header. At first, I wanted to showcase all my best work from 2009 in this collage type thing, but then I had this image in my head.

I had to draw it.

And it's all because my super awesome girlfriend bought me this Superman "cape" hoody for Christmas. Now I've worn it a bunch (with the cape on) and not for nothing but it makes me feel like a kid again. Yeah I know that sounds absurd. All sense of worry from "adult" life goes away for a brief moment and I feel like having fun. And when I draw, I get that same feeling. I have fun. I play.

And just like that, I found a design for my blog header. It's simple, fun, and a great positive outlook for 2010..."play".

So that was the idea behind my new blog header and I hope to consistently post more art this year as well. I have some ideas for web comics and things like that...but one project at a time. I'm still working on When You Were Little, which should be out by the end of this winter so keep your eyes out for that.

Anyways, I hope you like the drawing.

I mean I could have easily put up a picture of me zipping around in my cape-hoody but why would I ever take a picture like that? That's just silly!

































































[silly]

No comments: