I had a great year and a small part of that was due to the number of films I've seen in the theaters. Anyone who knows me knows I love going to the movies. So now that the holidays are over and I'm settling in to 2010, I've finally taken the time to come up with a list of films that to me deserve a spot on the top 10. So here...we...go:
10. (Tie) I Love You, Man and The Hangover: So I honestly could not pick between these two comedies so I thought that they should share the number ten spot. Both hilarious...even after multiple viewings.
9. Taken: Probably the best action film of the year.
8. Inglourious Basterds: Quentin does it again!
7. District 9: One of the more unique films I've seen this year.
6. Star Trek: J.J. Abrams' Reboot/Prequel/Sequel took a franchise that was geared towards the most hardcore fans of science fiction fantasy and made it into a film anyone can enjoy!
5. Up In The Air: Jason Reitman makes wonderful movies.
4. (500) Days Of Summer: A guy's version of a romantic comedy that carried a film spirit of John Hughes. Very funny, very romantic, very honest, and very bittersweet.
3. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs: Hilarious and wonderfully animated. Mr. T lends his voice talents and it pretty much makes the whole film for me.
2. Where the Wild Things Are: There's something about this film that makes me want to relive my childhood over and over again.
1. UP: My favorite film of 2009. Heartfelt and touching. Where the Wild Things Are makes me want to relive my childhood adventures, UP gives me the feeling that its okay to be a grown up and have adventures too.
Well I usually go on and on about how wonderful this movies are and really dissect them but I figured if you were really curious about them, you can read more "legit" movie reviews. Annnnd I'm not at all surprised that my top three are kid related pictures.
There are two films I did miss that I really wanted to see, Fantastic Mr. Fox and The Hurt Locker. I'll probably catch them come awards season.
Well here's to more great films in 2010!