Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fun with half tones!

UPDATE 11/18/2009: I realize I don't really blog enough when it comes to posting art. Which is essentially all I really do. I remember I used to rant, rave, and review on this thing and I kind of just slowly forgot about it like a neglected pet (sorry Bird). So anyways I thought I'd give you some kind of story that relates to the art like I used to.

So this image was based off of the N*E*R*D song Everyone Nose. It's a real club song with heavy beats and repetitive hooks. I like the song so much that I wanted to do my own take of "all the girls standing in line for the bathroom". I've heard this song twice live and it's a sight to see. The first time I heard it was at the Kanye West Glow In The Dark Tour like two or three summers ago and we were pretty high up but we could still see how crazy the stage got when they started playing this song. The second time I heard this song performed live was at the House Of Blues. Smaller venue....more to see. I was with the bff, my brother and his wife, who at the time was 8 months preggo. I was nervous about that for reasons I don't know why but anyways that song started to play.

And before my eyes it was like an orgy on stage started coming together....granted it was all chicks and the band but the security let it happen. There were at least 20 girls on stage dancing, grinding, sexin, all to heavy beats and the sweet sounds of Pharrell. It was truly a spectacle to see. Granted it was just woman dancing like whores on stage...but it seriously played out like a concert music video...which the video for this song actually is.

Anyways I did this a couple days after and stored it away. I wanted to do something funky with it and noticed a lot of artists I admire play with half tones in Photoshop and it gives an added style and texture to their work. I thought I could do something with that since the drawing itself was pretty straight forward, no stylized inks or play on brush strokes. I like the way it turned out the choice of turquoise blue and black for the half tone shades were a random pairing that when I looked at it, thought it was perfect. Well that's all for now.

I'm starting to work on Book 3 in my kid's book series but I'll try and keep up with posting art on here as well.




Everyone Nose by ~happyfestivus on deviantART

click to enlarge!

All the girls standing in the line for the Bathroom!
All the girls standing in the line for the Bathroom!
All the girls standing in the,
All the girls standing in the,
All the girls standing in the line for the Bathroom!

No comments: