Friday, May 15, 2009

Scott Pilgrim vs. My sketch blog!

So another series that I recently caught up with is Brian Lee O' Malley's Scott Pilgrim. It's the story of Scott Pilgrim and how he meets this girl named Ramona Flowers. In order for him to date her, he must defeat her seven evil ex-boyfriends. Awesome fights and hilarity ensues.

The reason I got into the series was because I heard Edgar Wright was doing a movie adaptation starring the great Michael Cera. So I thought I'd read the source material before the movie comes out which will have an impressive cast and also be a blend of live-action and animation. I'm really excited to see how they can pull it off. Michael Cera + Edgar Wright doesn't seem like a bad equation to me. And if you go to Edgar Wright's website, he is constantly uploading photos of the cast, crew, and sets. Check it out and I definitely recommend reading these books they are really funny and action packed.
I did this fan art for it, I might clean it up in photoshop and color it. Its more based on the movie look than the comic book manga look.

No comments: