Friday, May 15, 2009

FCBD 2009 & Powers



On May 2nd, I attended my first Free Comic Book Day event at Amazing Fantasy in Frankfort, IL. I went because my favorite comic book artist, Skottie Young, was doing a signing there. I won't go in to deets, but he did strike up a convo with me about Oz and then I asked him to do a sketch of The Crow in his B-Sides sketchbook I purchased awhile back.

I was totally geeked when I gave him a copy of my children's book. I wasn't sure if he would take it but it WAS like the coolest thing ever. After I snapped a photo or two and browsed the store (20% off!) I walked away with some pretty cool shit. One of those things was the 12th Volume of Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming's Powers.


So I've been reading Powers since the first TPB came out and I have to tell you it's still one of my favorite books after 12 volumes. I'm about a halfway through it and its really good. I love that they include all the sketches and covers for the individual issues at the tail end of the book.

No comments: