Saturday, February 02, 2008

506: News, SModcast, and The Rocketeer

So a lot has happened since I last posted. The big big big news is that my very first children's book, "When I Was Little ...", is now available for purchase! So when you get a chance head on over there and pick up a copy. Also, be sure to check out the "When I Was Little..." blog spot. Other then that, work's been good and so has the word of mouth on the book. I'm still drawing and still watching movies, and still being a dork. As I was posting I noticed this will be my 506th post on this blog! Holy blog posting Batman. In other recent news, I downloaded all the SModcasts on to my jPood. (that's the clever name I've given my iPod) If you don't know what SModcast is, it's a podcast where uber-producer Scott Mosier and that other guy, haha :P jk, just catch up and pretty much shoot the shit for about 45 minutes. If you like hearing stories and just bullshitting about whatever, you'll never be bored. Definitely makes the work day that more entertaining. Anyways, I was listening to one today at work about the ending of the Harry Potter series.

Soooo yeah I know what happens at the end of the books even though I was waiting to find out what happens in the movies and I'm super super super late with the "spoilers" since the books been out and every "Pot-head" has read it and already knows. As for me, I DID want to know eventually but ah well, at least I know what to expect and I won't be disappointed. After I heard what happens to all the characters, it makes me want to pick up the books and read them from the beginning because it sounds like a lot of plot points and character stories are resolved so well in a way that you have that comforting notion like, "man that was a a great series and I'm glad it ended the way it did. " Also, hearing Scott Mosier and Kevin Smith talk about Harry Potter had me rolling and busting a gut. They are some seriously funny cats.

I noticed this has been a long rant about whatever and I haven't posted any art recently so, I did ink out this groovy Rocketeer in my sketchbook. I noticed some of the art blogs I've been on he's been popping up and he's a really well designed character and the movie's pretty kick ass but I haven't seen it in a long time. The whole point of this pic was to eventually put in Iron Man shooting out a photon beam from his hand and like the Rocketeer's dodging it with his awesomeness but I didn't take it that far and I felt like NOT drawing Iron Man. So if his pose is kinda whakadoo, that's the reason why. ENJOY!! And as Scott and Kevin would say, "Have a week".

No comments: