Monday, August 13, 2007

Wizard World '07






So I ended up going to Wizard World with Johnny Mo today. It was his first time there so I was happy that he came with and we decided to go. We got there around 10:30ish. We walked around the floor for a good 3 hours and soaked but the size of it all. Then we did our window shopping and stopped by artist alley to peep Serena's stuff. My older bro, Jeff, was there on the scene doing the supporting thing and embracing his comic geekiness haha (you're awesome Jeff). She was knee deep in commissions so we said we would come back later before we left the convention. There were some highlights like meeting one of the prop guys from Evil Dead II who let us hold a "stunt copy" of the Necronomicon. MAN, I wish I got a picture of that.

Anyways I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking. It's always a good time to go to a Wizard World. Man, be prepared to spend money though. I actually went home a little "light" this year. I ended up walking away with the View Askew Exclusive Kevin Smith Pillow Pants InAction Figure and The Surrogates trade paperback. I didn't know much about it but I met the writer, Robert Venditti and he was nice enough to sign my copy. He also mentioned a bit of information about the project being developed into a film, here's the link to that article. I'm excited to start reading it.

Here's some pics of the stuff I walked away with. I'm tired and I have Friends Season 5 to watch...Jason caught up to me!

No comments: