Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My 24th year...






So here's a breakdown of what I did on my 24th bday.

I woke up around 8am.

Hit the snooze.

Woke up around 9:ooam.

Shut off the radio.

Turned on the tv.

Checked my phone. I got a text from Jackie @ 7:49am.

Text kept coming from Gigi @ 9:11am.

Then I got a text from John.

Jumped on the computer and checked the usual hotspots. The facebook, the myspace, the gmail. Got some "happy birthday" wishes from some peeps on there like Jacy and the O' Bros.

I then went to lunch @ Applebee's with Eden and her two cousins.

My old boss Andi from the school library walked in like 5 minutes after. That was a great suprise!!! I finally got to meet her baby daughter Sophie. She is so cute!

After Applebee's, I went home and checked the mail. I got a birthday card from my friend Janeen who had her daughter Laura make me one. IT was pretty sweet.

Saw my parents for the first time since yesterday (they were knocked out when I left.)

Jeff called and gave me a greeting!! I'm probably going to see him this weekend at Eric's brother's graduation party.

Decided to go see Ocean's 13 around 6pm. It wasn't too bad. The best parts are in the trailer but it was still pretty funny. The "Oprah" gag was hilarious and I want to hang out with George Clooney in real life.

After that, went to Best Buy and browsed around. I was looking for the Freaks & Geeks box set, but of course the moment I want to buy it, it's not there. Isn't that weird how that happens...like you see the thing you want but for some reason all those times you don't get it. Then when you are like oh yeah I'm gonna go pick that up now because you've said to yourself "it'll be there still", yeah it's not there.

So I browsed around some more and ended up picking this short movie called The Amazing Screw-On Head because I remember, my good buddy and film guru, Spencer told me it was really awesome. I always trust my friend Spencer's movie taste. So I read the back of the box and decided to pick it up.

I mean it's about this robot secret agent named Screw-On Head, called upon by President Lincoln, who has to stop Emperor Zombie from unleashing the occult powers upon the world or something like that. So I'm excited to watch it. So if anyone's curious, I'll let you borrow it.

Also, I picked up the Fight Club tin can edition which is bascially the same double disc previous released but now its in this nifty can set. Plus I didn't have the movie and it's well, it's Fight Club!

So with my new purchases, I headed home right about 8:45ish. I gave John a call back who left me a voicemail. Texted Frank and Jona back. I got home just in time for the Season 4 Premiere of Rescue Me. So I was pretty excited about the timing. I made myself dinner, two turkey sandwiches and an Arizona Green Tea.

About halfway near the end of the show I got a call from Lanie. She asked me how the rest of my day was and then Eric gave me a ring to wish me happy birthday. So now I'm rewatching the premiere and this pretty much brings us up to date.

So I'd like to give a thanks to everyone who texted me, messaged me, emailed me, wrote me cards, and called me. I mentioned that I didn't want to do anything big or special for my birthday and that the many messages and greetings was more then all I needed to enjoy my birthday. So, thanks again.

No comments: