Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A WHOLE lotta DVD

I've found out that since I've been back home, all I've done to keep my sanity is watch dvds. (and play Call of Duty on PC..OR 24 the game...) Seriously thats like all I do. I stay up late watching something and during the day I'm watching something...sorta. See it does tend to be a distraction and maybe I'd be more productive if I didn't watch something..but its like listening to music while I work...but instead I'm listening to the movie's audio and occaisionally looking back laughing...like when Marty says, "Whats wrong with us in the future...do we become assholes or something?"

But alot of other stuff has happened outside of my room. I went to 2 amazing parties this past weekend. The NIU cats came down for their spring break and invited me to the Bamboo Room in which I got to see all the faces I havent seen since I've been home. When I mean NIU crew, I mean Hodge and Burroughs, two of the coolest cats that I know. It was a good time and I stayed up WAAAY to late..but fuck it. Scrubs is a damn funny show and Jacy and I wanted to watch some episodes before we crashed. Eric on the other hand..he knocked out which was good because I didn't want him driving home in the condition he was. Every once in a while, you gotta unwind and leave all that stressful shit behind and thats what he did that night. Just let loose forget about school, drama, girls. I totally understand that. Why do you think I'm watching goddamn dvds every night. To take my mind off my own personal stressed, demons, and heart aches and breaks.

That same weekend, I went to a work party. Which is fucking weird because its people you work with hanging out.....outside of work, wearing clothes that aren't TCS policy and drinking and having a blast. I was kinda nervous about going..but all these people were fun to hang out with and just unwind as well. We had a whole place to ourselves (The Alumni Club) and it was open bar and just crazy people dancing and drinking. Plus I got my groove on with a couple of the ladies. I felt good after the party, I got to see these people as themselves not worrying about work or anything, just as is. It was interesting and fun. I've never been to a work party where we didn't meet at work and had shitty cake and we were all crammed in a room watching the front desk. This was very different. I got to see what these people were like hammered and it was awesome. I didn't drink, I could've but I was driving home that night and the weather was shitty as is. I couldn't see because of all the wind and the rain. It took me like and extra 45 minutes.

So that was my weekend. My Sunday pretty much consisted of getting a package together, driving my mom to work, watching Universal Soldier: The Return. Man what a shitty movie but Van Dammage for sure. Which brings me up to 3:00am right now. I've decided to watch every movie I have in alphabetical order and give my own review of it. I will then post the review on here since I have nothing better to do. Oh and just so you know that when I saw a WHOLE lotta dvd, this is what I've watched since I've been back home. And remember some of these tv dvd sets consists of 4 or more discs.

24 seasons 2, 3, 4

Desperate Housewives Season 1

Lost Season 1

Alias Season 1

Ultimate Avengers

Domino twice

Weatherman twice

Lord of War three times

High Fidelity

North Country

Jarhead

Elizabethtown (which I really liked)

Three Kings

All my Vandamme movies

Snatch

Back to the Future

Lois and Clark Season 2

Friends Seasons 8, 9, 10

Theres so many more but I can't remember..those are the more recent ones. So all this dvd watching has led me to this new adventure. Which is to watch every movie I have...in alphabetical order. Cuz sometimes I can't decide what to watch and I just thought this would be easier..because theres an order. Anyways..1st up is About A Boy. So when I'm done watching that and I decide to write about it....I'll post it. Peace out kids.

No comments: