Monday, October 24, 2005

Review: DOOM

So I thought Doom was gonna be crappy because like all videogame movies, they are pieces of crap. However, this one kinda suprised me. There's a "twist" in the story and Stone Cold calls Nelly the N* word. OH WAIT. The Rock has always brought a sense of charm and just all around bad ass-ness to his movies. (Even "Be Cool" the "Bring it On" scene....is worth the rental.) Anyways in this movie, he truly shines as a hard nosed Semper Fi demon ass kicker. The story was interesting enough to keep you going and all the "other" characters that WEREN'T The Rock were lame. The creatures were pretty cool but the last half hour is where the movie really shines. If the rest of the movie kept up with its pacing then it would've been better. But they did try to make it a MOVIE and not a MOVIE based on a videogame. (if that makes any sense). Sooooo if you like a good action movie and dig the Rock. Go see it. If not, just watch "The Rundown" for good Rock action and "Land of the Dead" for some hardcore gore. Believe me, there is enough gore in doom to keep you satisfied but again its last half hour is where the shit hits the fan. The first person shooter thing was not that lame and I thought it was gonna be like EVERY part of the movie but instead they opted for REALLY dark views of shadows and crappy secondary characters getting the shit kicked out of them. (The better choice because they were all worhtless except for maybe like one guy.) Anyways I stand by my 6 out of 10 rating. Entertaining but when you've seen it once thats all you need to see....just like the videogame. I actually WISH the Rock did the elbow and the rock bottom to one of the creatures....and raised the eyebrow...haha keep your finger's crossed when "Spy Hunter" comes out.

2 comments:

reni said...

Hey, you have a great blog here. I know this has nothing to do with your site but I have a new blog that I've just started, its been up for a couple of days. I gave my blog a cool title which seems to attract visitors:

www.adminsupervisor.blogspot.com

Have you got any suggestions about stuff you would like to read about??? Take a look if you get the chance. I want my blog to be cutting edge...a good read. lol...your'll understand when you see it!

The other site I have is a work at home mums site. Its all about, need I say it, working from home. I think people should have the choice to build their own income instead of somebody else’s. Freedom of well being and all of that...anyway take a look see what you think.

Keep up the good work, I'll be back to visit + I'll be at any suggestions you have about my blog.

Jas said...

glad to hear it wasnt completely horrible..

and unrelated- u should turn on authentication.. the comment spammers love you for some reason