Saturday, September 10, 2005

Friday @ Chili's and fuckin' Tony Danza!!!!!

I had a good morning at work actually. I don't usually talk about work because well I'd say its boring to people who talk about their jobs. So I'll stick to that plan unless I land a sweet gig I'd like everyone to know about. So for now, work happens and thats all there really is to tell.

Anyhoo, afterwards I got a voicemail from E and he reminded me that it was Carrigan's birthday. Carrigan works at the ILIS/Argosy Library and I've gotten to know her my last year at school so I try to keep in touch with all the folks from school as much as I can. So I ran home and played some Killzone which Jeff had borrowed from the Gamestop. Its a pretty sweet f'n game and I'm happy as shit that its only 20 bucks now. I might just pick it up when I'm not to busy NOT playing my ps2 and spending money on useless shit that makes me happy. (comics. movies, cds, and more movies) I went to Jewel and got a Strawberry Shortcake balloon and a box of Devil's Donuts and some candles. Pulled up to school and put 4 candles in a donut and lit them. Strolled into the library and hit her with my lil suprise schindig. Anyways, we got to hanging out and all 3 of us (eric, care, myself) just chilled till it was time to shut the libray down. It was good timing too cuz Jeff called and got off of work. We decided to go eat some where and picked Chili's only cuz we had 10 dollar off cards which made our meal like 19 bucks. Jeff had shrimp alfredo, eric had chicken cajun pasta, and I had a Southern Cobb salad which was Gi Normous. Anyways, we dined shot the shit and talked about the comic. Spent the better part of the night talking about this game Kingdom Under Fire and Eric wanted to go to blockbuster to pick it up. We get there and its the last copy too bad it costs 8 dollars to rent. Eric says fuck it and he drops me off with him taking a ride on the Elgin O'Hare to head back to his house. I pop in the movie "Crash" and begin to watch it. If you've ever heard anything about this movie, you'd probably hear all good things. And I can't really argue with that but the one thing I would say it is is that is really really intense. I mean watching it by yourself is very tense but it has amazing performances over all. However, its very late and I pass out. I got through about an hour. I wake up and hit the snooze. I wake up 2 hours later. I've been doing that for awhile and I hate that I can't pick myself up in the morning. I mean I can do it when I know I have to be up at 5am but if its 8am, I can't get up to save my life. Anyways I wake up and mope around a bit not realizing its Saturday and I have to go to work at 5pm. I get up, and turn on the boob tube in the living room. Jeff's gotten up too. I flick back and forth and find an old episode of "Batman" tv show starring Adam West. I sit through the end and laugh my ass off because the shit is so funny now. "Holy Singing Sphinx Batman" Anyways after that show was over, they had an episode of "The Green Hornet" which I HAD to watch because it's Bruce Lee and it was a good episode to. It had Mako from Samurai Jack fame facing off with The Dragon himself. After that, Jeff put in New Police Story and we watched that. After awhile, I played some Killzone and got my ass kicked. Picked up and got ready for work. Had an ok day at work. Got to work with Becca whos been at the store a month and is really freakin' funny and awesome to work with. So work went by ok and after that, I left E a txt message because he was going to Danielle's for dinner and he wanted to give me the lowdown on that. Got a txt from Hodge and asked if I got off work probably so we can play Guild Wars. I get home and cook up some shells and cheese and the left over Onion blossom from Chili's. Called John and asked him what time he was gonna come get me. I grab my dinner and pop in "Crash" picked up where I left off. I dig in the shells and chesse and its the best its ever been. I can't believe I haven't eaten this since last year. Its really good. I decide near the end of "Crash" to update the diary. As I'm wrapping up "Crash" and all the characters are coming to the end of their story and coming full circle, I realize that this movie is pretty brilliant as people claim it to be. Definitely give it a rent. Oh and if you wanna see Ludacris get tossed out like a bitch, go see Hustle and Flow..and then Rent this for the rematch cuz it happens twice! Same actors and everything.

No comments: