Friday, April 29, 2005

xXx: State of the Union

Ok, a couple posts back, I shared my thoughts on a movie that I saw called "King's Ransom". I pretty much just stated what I liked about it and what I didn't like. So seeing how I told you guys that I would go see the new "xXx" movie because I'm a big fan of Ice Cube. I thought I'd share my thoughts on this movie as well.

-Pretty much the first time I saw the trailer, I laughed. Because I know I would go see this movie and end up liking it. Ice Cube is just that bad ass to me. So sure enough I was waiting to be blown away by this over the top action movie. To be honest with you, I did enjoy it. Because it set out what it was suppose to do, entertain me. I wanted to see if Cube could hold his own in what seems to be a dying genre of film. The action movie has taken a back seat lately because of adapted books, bio picks, and comic book films. There hasn't been a good action movie in a long while and the last one that I can ever remember seeing that I really enjoyed was "The Rundown" starring the great one himself. That was a while back and that movie kinda brought me back to the '80s when action movies were a dominant force in the industry.

- But with all films, I decide to go see, I keep an open mind about it. But it really didn't disappoint. I was over all pumped afterwards and talked about how crazy the movie was with my brother Jeff, who enjoyed it as well. Talk about CRAZY movie, you can't count how many times that they blew shit up. Not even 5 minutes into the movie all kinds of shit was on fire and explosions were going off everywhere. It was awesome!!! Then it cut to Cube and I just started smiling because I already decided that I liked the movie. The plot was pretty interesting and it tried to mix some elements of spy/political betrayal/espionage into it. I guess you could say it succedded a little bit. Hell even the credits were like a James Bond movie with fused with the thug life. All in all it definitely was an action movie and it delievered in that respect. If you don't mind the corniness of it all, some pretty bad dialouge, and some annoying secondary characters, this movie will get your adrenaline pumping. AND if you're a big fan of cars and shit. This movie has alot of them. Explosions, cars, over the top action sequences, and Ice Cube. Thats alot of bang for your buck!

PS- The new Batman Begins trailer on the big screen made me wet my pants with joy! Also Jet Li's "Unleashed" looks to break him away from teaming up with R&B singers and Rappers. (God bless Aaliyah)

No comments: